Becoming a Graduate Student
Comprehensive information on the NPRE ILLINOIS Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees can be found in the Graduate College Program of Study. The Program of Study provides admission information including program prerequisites, application deadlines, GRE and TOEFL requirements, and MEng and PhD degree requirements.
How to Apply
Now that you have decided to join us at the Grainger College of Engineering, here are some general guidelines and steps to apply. Be sure to check with your department for any additional requirements.
- Review all application requirements and prepare for each stage of the application process.
- Complete the online application through the Graduate College
- Carefully read all emails sent from the department and university to ensure no additional forms must be completed after you submit the online application.
- Follow up with the department before the application deadline to ensure all application materials have been received. Many departments have an online system that allows you to see what application materials have not been received.
R E S E A R C H A R E A S
Graduate Application Deadlines
- Graduate Application Fall
- January 1st for Fall entry (late applications may be accepted, but for fullest consideration, it is advised to apply by Jan 1st deadline)
- Graduate Application Spring
- October 15th for Spring entry
- MEng only (Effective for Spring 2019 Term):
- Fall Term:
- International: May 1
- Domestic students and University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: July 1
- Spring Term:
- International: November 1
- Domestic students and University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: December 1
- Summer Term:
- All Applicants: May 1
- Fall Term:
- MS degree program
- MEng degree programs
- PhD Degree Information
Joint Degree Programs
A degree from NPRE ILLINOIS will prepare you to achieve your professional goals. Our graduates consistently earn more than the national average.
Our graduates land positions with industry leaders like Exelon, Sargent & Lundy, Enercon, First Energy, Intel, Sematech, and many national laboratories.
With a net faculty increase in recent years and over $4.6 million in research expenditures annually, NPRE ILLINOIS stands out among its peers.
With a world-known high-tech fusion device (HIDRA), the Functional X-Ray Imaging Lab, and numerous cutting-edge facilities, NPRE helps students have access to resources that they need.