Associate Professor and Associate Head for Undergraduate Programs
111D Talbot Laboratory
Associate Professor and Associate Head For Undergraduate Programs
111D Talbot Laboratory
For more information
- Royal Institute of Technology, Docent habilitation, Nuclear Power Safety, 2011
- Purdue University, Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, 2005
- Purdue University, M.S., Nuclear Engineering, 2004
- Purdue University, B.S., Nuclear Engineering, 2000
- 2017-present, Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering
- 2016-present, Associate Professor, National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ)
- 2015, Visiting Professor, Warsaw Institute of Technology
- 2013-present, Affiliated Professor, Computational Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering
- 2011-2017, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering
- 2009-2011, Assistant Professor, Royal Institute of Technology, Nuclear Power Safety, Stockholm, Sweden
Other Professional Employment
- Post-doctorate researcher, Royal Institute of Technology, Nuclear Power Safety Stockholm, Sweden, 2005-2007
- Multi-Physics Methods and Modeling
- Reactor Design and Safety Analysis
- Reactor Physics and Thermal-Hydraulics
- Numerical Analysis and Computational Methods
- Advanced Reactor Designs
- Multi-Physics Modeling and Simulation
- Reactor Analysis Methods
- Reactor Physics
- Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics
- Reactor Transient and Accident Analysis
- Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Methods
Selected Articles in Journals
- Wu, X., T. Kozlowski, H. Meidani, “Kriging-based Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Nuclear Fuel Performance Code BISON Fission Gas Release Model using Time Series Measurement Data,” Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 169, pp. 422-436, 2018.
- Radaideh, M.I., D. Price, T. Kozlowski, “Criticality and uncertainty assessment of assembly misloading in BWR transportation cask,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 113, pp. 1-14, 2018.
- Hu, G., T. Kozlowski, “A Roe-type numerical solver for the two-phase two-fluid six-equation model with realistic equation of state,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 326, pp. 354–370, 2018.
- Wu, X. and T. Kozlowski, “Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Reactor Simulations under the Bayesian Framework using Surrogate Models Constructed by Polynomial Chaos Expansion,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 313, pp. 29-52, 2017.
- Wu, X., T. Mui, G. Hu, H. Meidani, T. Kozlowski, “Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of TRACE Physical Model Parameters using Sparse Grid Stochastic Collocation Surrogate Models,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 319, pp. 185-200, 2017.
- Shrestha, R. and T. Kozlowski, “Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Input Model Parameters for Thermal-Hydraulics Simulations Using Expectation-Maximization Under Bayesian Framework,” Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 43, No. 6, 1011–1026, 2016.
- Saleem, R.A., T. Kozlowski, R. Shrestha, “A solver for the two-phase two-fluid model based on high-resolution total variation diminishing scheme,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 301, pp. 255–263, 2016.
- Hu, G. and T. Kozlowski, "Inverse uncertainty quantification of TRACE physical model parameters using BFBT benchmark data," Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 96, pp. 197-203, 2016.
- Zerkak, O., T. Kozlowski, I. Gajev, “Review of multi-physics temporal coupling methods for analysis of nuclear reactors,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 84, pp. 225–233, 2015.
- Wu, X., T. Kozlowski, J.D. Hales, “Neutronics and Fuel Performance Evaluation of Accident Tolerant FeCrAl Cladding under Normal Operation Conditions,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 85, pp. 763–775, 2015.
- Saleem, R.A., and T. Kozlowski, “Development of High-Resolution Total Variation Diminishing Scheme for Linear Hyperbolic Problems,” Journal of Computational Engineering, Vol. 2015, Article ID 575380, 2015.
- Avramova, M., K. Ivanov, T. Kozlowski, et al., “Multi-physics and Multi-Scale Benchmarking and Uncertainty Quantification within OECD/NEA Framework,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 84, pp. 178–196, 2015.
- Associate Editor for "Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations"
- NPRE 100 - Orientation to NPRE
- NPRE 247 - Modeling Nuclear Energy System
- NPRE 455 - Neutron Diffusion & Transport
- NPRE 458 - Design in NPRE
- NPRE 558 - Advanced Design in NPRE
- NPRE 595 - Student Research Seminar
- NPRE 598 - Solution of Non-Lin Equations