Martin John Neumann
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- M.S. Nuclear Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate University of Pennsylvania, 2000
- B.S. Nuclear Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1999
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois, November 2007 - May 2009.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, University of Illinois, February 1996 - May 1999.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology, June 1997 - August 1997
Other Professional Employment
- Product/Manufacturing Engineer, Motorola: Semiconductor Product Sector, June 1998 - August 1998
- UIUC Alumni Association Loyalty Award
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Institute for Nuclear Safety Scholarship
- American Medical Association
- American Vacuum Society
- EUVL related technologies, semiconductor fabrication and processing and plasma-material interactions related to fusion applications
Books Authored or Co-Authored (Original Editions)
- Neumann, M.J., "Lithium Sputtering, Deposition and Evaporation: Controlled Thin Film Engineering," VDM Verlag, 2008, ISBN 9783639041897, 3639041895.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Qui, H., Srivastava, S.N., Thompson, K.C., Neumann, M.J., Ruzic, D.N., "The Effectiveness of Mo-Au Gibbsian Segregating Alloys and the Surface Removal Effect on the Gibbsian Segregating Performance for EUV Collector Optics," Optical Engineering, accepted Jan 2009.
- Ruzic, D.N., Raju, R., Neumann, M., Sporre, J., Lytle, W., "Challenges and solutions for extreme ultraviolet lithography at 22nm," SPIE Newsroom : Micro/Nano Lithography & Fabrication, 10.1117/2.1200812.1392 (2008).
- Jaworski, M.A., Lau, C.Y., Urbansky, D.L., Malfa, M.B., Gray, T.K., Neumann, M.J., Ruzic, D.N., "Observations of liquid lithium uptake in a porous molybdenum foam," Journal of Nuclear Materials, 378, pp.105-109, (2008).
- Qiu, H., Srivastava, S.N., Thompson, K.C., Neumann, M.J., Ruzic, D.N., "Time exposure performance of Mo-Au Gibbsian segregating alloys for extreme ultraviolent collector optics," Applied Optics, 47 (13), pp. 2443-2451, (2008).
- Qiu, H., Srivastava, S.N., Thompson, K.C., Neumann, M.J., Ruzic, D.N., "Temperature dependence of Mo-Au Gibbsian segregating alloys," J. Micro/Nanolith. MEMS MOEMS, 7(3), pp 033004-1 - 033004-10, (Jul-Sep 2008).
- Neumann, M.J., DeFrees, R.A., Qiu, H., Ruzic, D.N., "Plasma cleaning of lithium off of collector optics materials for use in extreme ultraviolet lithography applications," J. Micro/Nanolith. MEMS MOEMS, 6(2), pp 023005-1 - 023005-6, (Apr-Jun 2007).