By the Numbers
A few facts and figures...
- Department founded 1958
- First bachelor's degrees awarded, 1976
- Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering’s Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Average BS degree scholarship amounts from NPRE Department: $3,000-$5,000 annually
- Faculty to student ratio: 1:9 (2018-19)
(Statistics as of 2016-17 Academic Year, with almost 80 percent of NPRE BS grads reporting. Source: Engineering Career Services.)
- Average annual salary after graduation: $61,750
- 93% secured first destination after graduation
- 56% joined the workforce
- 37% entered graduate school