Between September 16, 2019, and January 15, 2020, the Grainger College of Engineering is offering an application fee waiver to domestic applicants who apply to a Grainger Engineering PhD program and who hold a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA in their undergraduate degree. Qualified applicants must select the option “Are you applying for the 3.5 GPA or higher app fee waiver?” from the dropdown box in the “Fee Section” of the online admission application. Applicants must meet the admission requirements to enter the department’s PhD program in order to receive the application fee waiver. Applicants who have questions may contact Rhonda McElroy, Executive Director of Graduate Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a Graduate Student
Comprehensive information on the NPRE ILLINOIS Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees can be found in the Graduate College Program of Study. The Program of Study provides admission information including program prerequisites, application deadlines, GRE and TOEFL requirements, and MEng and PhD degree requirements.
Graduate Application Deadlines
- January 1st for Fall entry (late applications may be accepted, but for fullest consideration, it is advised to apply by Jan 1st deadline)
- October 15th for Spring entry
- MEng only (Effective for Spring 2019 Term):
- Fall Term:
- International: May 1
- Domestic students and University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: July 1
- Spring Term:
- International: November 1
- Domestic students and University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: December 1
- Summer Term:
- All Applicants: May 1
- Fall Term:
Questions? Contact Us
More Application Information
- Admissions Requirements and Process
View degree requirements, TOEFL, fees, transcripts, statements, references, GRE, financial certification
See the program requirements
- Admissions Decisions
Contact us for more details.
Programs of Study
- MS degree information
- MEng in Energy Systems / MEng in Energy Systems Website
- MS, MEng, and PhD Degree Information
Joint Degree Programs
- MBA Joint Degree Program
- Medical Scholars Program
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) through the Medical Scholars Program.