- Prospective Students
- Current Students
The Department has defined the following Program Educational Objectives. Students completing the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering through the Department should:
1. Have a comprehensive understanding of basic sciences, basic engineering, and advanced technical areas specific to nuclear, plasma and radiological engineering and the means to employ these principles in engineering practice,
2. Have the ability to synthesize various concepts in engineering design and in the development of new engineering concepts, understanding, and applications,
3. Have a broad university-level understanding and appreciation of social and behavioral sciences, humanities, human cultures; and have sound communication skills consistent with the principles of General Education,
4. Have an appreciation of their abilities to contribute to society through ethical engineering practice and to continue their professional development in support this objective,
5. Have the ability to enter directly into a wide variety of careers in nuclear, plasma and radiological engineering or to continue advanced professional study at the graduate level.
For more on ABET, Inc., visit http://www.abet.org.