By the Numbers
A few facts and figures...
- Department founded 1958
- First bachelor's degrees awarded, 1976
- Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering’s Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Average BS degree scholarship amounts from NPRE Department: $3,000-$5,000 annually
- Faculty to student ratio: 1:9 (2018-19)
(Illini Success All Campus Undergraduate 2017-2018 Report, 71 percent of NPRE graduates responding)
- Average annual salary after graduation: $64,433
- 82% secured first destination after graduation
- 41% joined the workforce
- 41% entered graduate school